Meals are free for all students without collecting household meal benefit applications. (Free school meals must have 3 DIFFERENT components AND one must be either a fruit or a vegetable.)
All Austin ISD students will receive free school meals through the 2021-22 school year. Students may purchase a second meal or additional food or a la carte items if they would like, using cash or their SchoolCafé meal account. All students will need know/use their Student # for both free meals and any additional purchases:
- Chips/Popcorn: $1.00
- Cookie: $0.50
- Pirates Booty: $2.00
- A la carte Entrée: $2.75
- A la carte Protein: $2.00
- A la carte Fruit, Veg., or Grain: $0.75
- Water Bottle: $1.00
- Naked Juice: $2.25
- Visiting Adult Breakfast Meal: $2.75 Visiting Adult Lunch Meal: $4.25
How can parents and guardians access their child’s meal account?
- To view balances or add money to a meal account, a SchoolCafé account must be created by visiting www.schoolcafe.com.
- Once an account is created, the SchoolCafé mobile application can be downloaded on Apple and Android devices.
- Through SchoolCafé, parents and guardians can make payments, view purchase history, receive low balance alerts, apply for meal benefits, submit verification paperwork and access school menus.
- Online payments are subject to a processing fee.