Bailey 8th Graders are invited to celebrate the completion of middle school by joining us for a drive-thru parade in their honor!
Bailey teachers will be stationed along the parade route to wave good-bye to you as you head on your journey to high school. We will be following social distancing guidelines and ask that you stay inside your vehicles for this event. You may decorate your cars and make signs to hold up, too!
Who: 8th Graders and their family that can fit in one vehicle.
What: A parking lot parade to celebrate the completion of middle school.
Where: The Bailey front parking lot. Please approach the school from the south via Green Emerald. Parade line-up will be on north bound Lost Oasis Hollow. Please do not approach parade lineup from north of school.
When: The last day of middle school - Thursday, May 28, 2020 from 6-8PM during your designated time slot.
6:00PM - Last Names A-F
6:30PM - Last Names G-L
7:00PM - Last Names M-P
7:30PM - Last Names Q-Z
- 8th Grade students and their families only.
- 8th Grade student should sit in the front passenger seat. It'd be helpful if the student's name was visible to our teachers and staff using a sign or method of your choice.
- All passengers MUST stay inside the vehicle at all times.
- You may have the windows down, but passengers may not exit vehicle through doors/windows.
- Please do NOT arrive prior to 6pm or prior to your alphabetical time.
- Please have your hazard lights on so those passing by will know you are stopped for a reason.
- We’ll have orange cones marking the “entrance” driveway & staff standing outside to help guide you in.
- Please keep traffic moving and do not stop your vehicle while in the parade.
- DRIVE SLOWLY & maintain a good distance from the vehicle in front of you.
- One pass through only. Please proceed home after completing your loop of the parade route.
- The school will NOT be open, so plan ahead and use restrooms prior to arrival.
- If you are sick, don't feel well, or have been exposed to someone with Covid - please stay home. We will work on broadcasting live so you can still participate.
- Still photographs and a live video of the event will be shared with the campus community.
- If canceled due to weather, event will take place on Saturday, May 30th from 10am-noon.
Parade Grand Marshal
Bailey Orchestra teacher, Mrs. Linda McArthur, will be our parade's Grand Marshal. Mrs. McArthur is retiring after teaching 19 years at Bailey!
Along with a completion certificate, our 8th graders will receive a coupon for a free small shaved ice at Fiji Sno Shaved Ice located on Bliss Spillar Rd. If you would like to donate or help secure additional donations of gift cards, coupons or even candy for our approximately 380 8th-Graders, contact email@example.com.
|Thank you to the Bailey PTA for their support of this event!|