- When your child is absent, please send a parent or doctor’s note the day the child returns to school.
- If the absence is due to an appointment with a health care provider, you must send in a note from that provider. The online form below will not be accepted for an absence due to an appointment.
- Phone calls are not required to report an absence
- Parent notes will only be accepted within 48 hours of the absence. Doctor notes, however, will be accepted at any time.
Parent Notes may be turned into the office, emailed, or simply use the form below (please do not email or use this form for early pickup requests, if you are picking your student up early, send a note with them in the morning and a permit to leave pass will be given to them in the front office):
Please include the following in your note:
- Student's full name
- Date of absence - a doctor note that states 1-3 days absent must still have the specific dates of absence noted. Parents can send a separate note with additional absences or jot additional dates at the bottom of the doctor note
- Reason for absence
- A doctor’s note is required if your child is absent more than 3 consecutive days
- If a student arrives at school between 8:25a.m and 8:40a.m, they must report to 1st period and will be considered tardy.
- If a student arrives after 8:40a.m, they must report to the front office with a parent note to receive a permit to class.
- If a student is more than 20 minutes late to any class it is considered an absence.
If a parent has a scheduled a medical appointment, please have the student bring their note to the office before 8:15a.m on the day of the appointment.
- The student will receive a pass to be dismissed early from class.
- A parent / guardian will need to come into the school to pick up the student.
- Upon their return, parents or guardians do not need to come into the school to drop off the student.
- Ask your child's doctor for a 'Return to School' note after their appointment.
Change of Address
If your address changes, please advise the Registrar with a copy of a utility bill as proof of your new address.
Need more help?
Contact our Attendance Specialist, Amanda Graves, for more help: email@example.com; 512-414-5414