Incoming 8th Grade Summer Reading Assignment
You will be reading two (2) books this summer.
Part 1: Book one is a required novel:
Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson
Over the summer, make notes in your book if it belongs to you. If not, use sticky notes or write notes on a separate page. If you read on an electronic device, use the note-taking tool the device provides.
On the Friday of the first week of school, bring this book and your notes to class. You will have a test that day that will cover various literary elements including:
- point of view
You WILL be able to use any notes you take on the day of the test.
Part 2: Choose a second book from the list below. You will complete a project for this book during the first six weeks of school. It will be a major grade in English.
- Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper
- Tears of a Tiger by Sharon M. Draper
- Running Out of Time by Margaret Peterson Haddix
- Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Code Orange by Carolyn B. Cooney
- Gym Candy by Carl Deuker