Both Reading and E/LA follow the curriculum provided by Austin ISD. By having both courses, students will have more time to fully develop reading and writing skills.
We will be focused on how reading and writing goes hand in hand to help us grow as readers and writers. We will be reading in English class, and we will be working on using excellent reading selections to become better writers and responders to what we read.
The following programs will support students in English:
- Using the writing process to publish works of fiction and non-fiction.
- One major writing assignment will be completed each six weeks.
- The Write Source textbook to improve grammar and writing skills
- Greek and Latin root study
- Benchmark assessments
- Literature analysis through written responses